SOTS SummerFest is being revived again!
SummerFest block party makes its triumphant return on July 24, 2021- starting at noon! Contact Kelsey, the event organizer, to assist.
Info from event Organizer:
When: Saturday, July 24th, 2021, SOTS neighborhood lunch starting at noon
Where: 2106 SW 122nd Pl. Burien, WA 98146 (Mostly outdoors, in the yard; see map)
We’ll have the usual backyard BBQ of burgers and brats (or anything else you want to bring to throw on the grill!) as well as some beer from our neighborhood brew-master, 4 Barking Dogs Brewing! We’ll have a bouncy castle for the small kids, sidewalk chalk and bubbles, a face painter, and a couple yard games for all ages. We’re also setting up one heck of a stage and sound system- so make sure you catch our first band at 1pm with one of our SOTS neighbors: Mt. Baker Manouche (Manouche just means Gypsy swing!).
Starting at 3pm, we’ll be extending the event into a rockin’ party into the evening, and lighting up the fire torches, so anyone that wants to stick around for that is welcome to! See full schedule and placement below.
What to bring:
- I’d like to encourage everyone to bring something to share: maybe a side dish, a game or toy, or token gifts to give to people you meet! I don’t know what it is- do what inspires you.
- And of course, don’t forget to take care of yourself: A blanket or chair for sitting on the lawn, sunglasses, sun-screen, a jacket for later… you know, channel your inner mom voice here.
- Bring a great attitude!
Parking: If you choose to drive: Please, no parking on site unless you are loading /unloading, or have a physical disability. Please find street parking in the neighborhood- or if nothing else, there is the huge church parking lot at 116th St & 21st Ave SW that is a short walk away.
Some Schedule (loose timing- we’re not going for breaking ourselves here):
- SOTS Neighborhood BBQ lunch: noon-3; we’ll have some grilled stuff ready by noon
- Live Band: Mt. Baker Manouche ~1pm
- Manouche just means Gypsy swing! 5-7 piece band complete with violin! 😀
- Face-painting: daytime until ~6pm
- Bouncy castle (for small kids): daytime until ~6pm
- Yard games: Ladder toss, Disc golf basket, sidewalk chalk, bubbles: all day until sunset!
- Live Band: GLYF ~5pm
- Bringing their upbeat jamming sounds from Bellingham, WA. Glyph is sure to get you rockin’!
- The Shop Lounge opens ~6pm
- Fire torches, Fire pit lighting: ~8:30pm
- Live DJ: KURONEKO: ~8:30 or 9pm
- KURONEKO is a Japanese, black cat, custom helmet, music producer/DJ. With a progressive house sound and positive vibes, his mission is to be a bridge between Japan and the U.S
If you’re interested in the companion Wildstone Arts page, click here.